CHOOSING THE RIGHT SCHOOL FOR YOUR CHILD
Thank you for considering Excelsior Academy. To determine whether Excelsior Academy is an appropriate school for your child, we have established the following admission process. Is your child currently enrolled in a public school, but you feel that Excelsior may be the right school for him or her? Check out our tips for prospective parents.
The Admission Process
Finding the best school for your child is all about the “right fit.” Because your child’s success and well-being are at issue, choosing the right school will make a difference for the future. Finding the right fit takes patience and time and perseverance. You will find that each school is unique and that comparisons of individual schools is difficult. The most important objective is that your child feels comfortable with the school and you, as parents, believe you have chosen the best possible program.
Phase 1: Informational Meeting and Tour
- Initial tour and informational meeting. Please call (619) 583-6762 or schedule a tour online.
Phase 2: Assessment
- Submit to Excelsior Administration:
- Professional evaluations: Current IEP or 504 plan, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Psychological evaluations, etc.
- Most recent transcripts (9-12) and report cards
- Completed enrollment packet
- File review
- 2-5 day visitation
Phase 3: Review
- Family interview with parents/guardians and student (when developmentally appropriate) post 2-day visitation
- Final file review
- Admissions decision notification
Phase 4: Enrollment
- Tuition deposit of $2500 upon acceptance, or, for district-placed students, EA will send a letter of acceptance to home district
- Tuition contract signed and returned to Excelsior Academy